Hi guys! Thanks for visiting Venerable Fashion. I am Terri Feder, and I grew up in Germantown, Wisconsin, surrounded by farms, red barns, fields rife with cornstalks, and a leafy woods full of dirt trails. I was a ballerina starting from age 4 and went on to try modern dance, jazz, and African dance. Movement and music became a part of my being. When I went to college, I fell in love with the French language and country. That led to my becoming a French teacher, a French translator, and later a flight attendant. I did the latter out of NYC so that I could travel the world and get my annual French fix. Living in Manhattan was exhilarating for this little small-town girl. Over the years, I encountered many adventures. One of the most scary ones was sailing for two months from Miami to the Bahamas and on to Cuba. I was able to experience Havana back in the day…what a mad escapade!
Today, I live in Phoenix, Arizona, with my husband, Marcus, and our two cats, Mr. Remy–my chat noir with one eye–and little Mirage, who is the alpha despite her diminutive stature. I also have two stepchildren–Alex and Sarah, who are both doing their parents proud.
I work as a freelance writer and editor. I started this blog as a fashion diary and as a way to share my sartorial journey. I also use it to dish about the current pieces I’m lusting after and the classic pieces any well-rounded closet should have. I also enjoy sharing style tips that I have gleaned along the way and info about what’s currently trending and on sale.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for reading and following along! I read all your comments and truly enjoy connecting with you all! XX Terri
Before you go, here are 25 fun facts about me:
- I was born in Wisconsin.
- I lived in New York City for three years while working as a flight attendant.
- My cat’s name is Remy; he’s black and has one eye.
- My absolute favorite food is chocolate.
- I used to teach French.
- I got married in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- I used to dance in musical theater.
- I studied at the Universite de Strasbourg, France, as a Rotary Scholar.
- I have been in a Hallmark Hall of Fame Movie.
- I love to sing but suck at it.
- My favorite chick flicks are The Great Gatsby and A Room with a View.
- My favorite actor is Robert Redford, whom I became obsessed with around age 13 after seeing All the President’s Men.
- I have been to Brazil.
- I once sailed for two months to the Bahamas to a private island that David Copperfield now owns called Musha Cay and went on to Cuba.
- The first thing I did in Havana 20 some years ago was have a cocktail in the Hotel Nationale.
- Urban Decay is my favorite lipstick brand.
- I used to work for the actual Liz Claiborne (a.k.a. Liz Ortenberg) in NYC.
- I was an avid tree climber as a child.
- I went lobster spearing in the Bahamas with an old Bahamian man.
- My favorite holiday is Christmas.
- I am passionate about fashion, beauty, and interior decor.
- I’m the most physically flexible person I know.
- My favorite city is Paris.
- My favorite flower is the gardenia.
- My husband’s name is Marcus, and he’s my favorite person in the world.